Cardiff residents will continue to receive monthly garden waste collections from September 7
Residents in Cardiff will continue to receive monthly garden waste collections from September 7th. Residents are advised to check the council website - www.cardiff.gov.uk/gardenwaste - or the Cardiff Gov app, to find out when their garden waste is going to be collected in each area of the city.
As well as the monthly kerbside garden waste collections, garden waste can continue to be brought to our recycling centres at Lamby Way and Bessemer Close, by booking a slot through the council’s website - www.cardiff.gov.uk/recyclingcentres.
The additional provision for residents to bring their garden waste to the recycling centres will also continue until further notice, and includes:
- Increasing the annual allowance for visits to 30 per household rather than 26
- Increasing the available slots per day from 400 to 570 (up 42.5%);
- Allowing households to make a booking, and visit on the same day where slots are available
- Allowing households to visit up to 3 times per day (this is currently limited to 1) and:
- Increasing our opening times, with last available slots for drop offs at 5.30pm.
These arrangements are in place for all those visiting the recycling centres by car and residents are advised that they need to bring their booking confirmation, along with proof that they are a Cardiff resident, such as a driving licence, and present it to staff on arrival at the site.
Given that Covid cases in Wales are once again on the rise we will continue to monitor the situation and will advise residents of any changes to collection schedules in due course.